Delicious Vegan Freekeh Chili !
Delicious Vegan Freekeh Chili ! This is the vegan recipe that everybody should try . Rich with veggie goodness you can build muscle and lose weight on a vegan diet. It’s all about consuming the right portions and macro-nutrient ratios to support your fitness goals.
- Serving size – 1 serving
- Recipe yields- 8
- Cooked freekeh or Quinoa – 2 cups
- Tomato Sauce -1 can ( 150z)
- Tomatoes – 2 vine
- Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth , divided – 2 cups
- Dark red kidney beans- 1 can (150z)
- Black bean – 1 can (150z)
- Corn – 1-3/4cup frozen
- Red onion chopped -1 cup
- Carlic cloves – 2
- Cilantro chopped- 1 cup
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Paprika -1 tbsp
- Coriander – 1 tsp
- Chipotle chili pepper – 1tsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Cook freekeh according to the directions, but use half low-sodium vegetable broth (1 cup) and half water (1 cup) to add extra flavor.
- Chop up your vegetables (cilantro, red onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic) and set aside.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and spray with coconut oil. Toss in red onions and garlic. Sauté until the red onions become brown and translucent.
- Add tomato sauce, cooked freekeh, 1 cup vegetable broth, bell pepper, tomatoes, and the seasonings (paprika, coriander, chipotle chili pepper, gumbo file). Stir well with a spatula.
- Add beans, corn, cilantro, and 1 cup vegetable broth. Reduce the heat and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Calories -215 g
- Total Fat- 3 g
- Total Carbs- 41 g(10 g fiber)
- Protein – 11 g
Source : bodybuilding