Mushrooms Roasted with Kale, Ricotta and Seeds !
Mushrooms Roasted with Kale, Ricotta and Seeds ! Great Low Carb and Vegan Recipe .
Kale looks similar to lettuce, it’s closest genetic cousin is actually a wild cabbage. Kale is a member of the Brassica oleracea family, which also includes other healthy leafy vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower and collard greens.
Nutrients in 1 Cup of Kale
- Vitamin A – 10301 IU
- Vitamin C – 80.4 mg
- Vitamin K – 547 mcg
- Folate – 19.4 mcg
Seeds can provide a combination of phytonutrients and antioxidants which may reduce several risk factors for chronic disease.
So combination of all of these ingredients has really good health benefits for us.
- Serves: 4
- Time to make: 45 mins
- Hands-on time: 20 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 250g sweet potato, peeled, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 100g trimmed kale, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat ricotta
- 1 egg
- 8 large (about 110g each) field mushrooms, stalks trimmed
- 2 bunches steamed broccolini, to serve.
Instructions for Mushrooms Roasted with Kale, Ricotta and Seeds :
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté onion for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add sweet potato and cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic, lemon zest and chilli flakes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add kale and cook, stirring, until just wilted. Set aside until cool.
- Combine kale mixture, seeds, ricotta and egg in a large bowl; season well with cracked black pepper. Place mushrooms cut side up on the prepared tray. Divide ricotta mixture between mushrooms, cover with foil and roast for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and roast for a further 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are just tender and golden.
- Serve stuffed mushrooms with the steamed broccoli.
- Calories -331cal
- Protein -25.3g
- Total fat -16.2g
- Saturated fat -6.2g
- Carbohydrates -15.8g
- Sugars -7.4g
- Dietary fibre -11.2g
- Sodium -225mg
- Calcium -282mg
- Iron -2.5mg