Paleo Bistec & Onions !
Paleo Bistec & Onions ! Beef can be a super filling and delicious Ketogenic meat. But it can get boring to have steak all the time, so we’ve put together a bunch of Ketogenic diet beef recipes for you to enjoy. With only 6 ingredients including beef, onions, fat, coconut vinegar and seasoning this is really basic, cost effective,and cube steak recipe. Bistec encebollado is simply translated as steak and onions. But you won’t need any steak sauce for this dish. These puerto rican steaks are very savory, tropical, and delicious.
- Preparation time: 5 m
- Cooking time: 15 m
- Servings (yield): 4
- 4 Beef Cube Steaks
- 2 White Onions
- 1 Tbsp Pork Lard
- 1 ¼ Tbsp Paleo Adobo Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high (~7) heat. Slice the onions into thin slices (about 1/8 – ¼” thick) and add them to the hot oil. You will want to stir these frequently and cook them until they are browned (this should take only a couple of minutes), then turn the heat down to medium (~5).
- Take 1 tablespoon of Paleo Adobo Seasoning and dust each side of the cube steaks. After each side is dusted, use 1 tablespoon of coconut vinegar to sprinkle them on each side again.
- Add the remaining ¼ tablespoon of Paleo Adobo Seasoning and 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar to the onions and stir. Make a hole in the onions and place the cube steak in the hole, then cover the cube steak with onions. We want the meat in direct contact with the pan, but also want to cook everything, uncovered, in the same pan. Easy.
- As soon as the meat starts to turn brown around the edges, flip the meat with a fork. Make sure there aren’t too many onions under it, as we want to keep contact with the pan, and cover with onions. Cook, uncovered, until cooked through – this should not take but a few minutes depending on the size of your meat.