Keto Cheesy Spinach Chicken Breast
This crowd pleasing Keto cheesy spinach stuffed Chicken Breast recipe is so incredibly tasty that nobody will care (or even believe) that it’s low Carb and gluten free! A sneaky and delicious way to pack some healthy greens into your family’s dinner menu!
One thing we can all agree on though, is that this keto friendly cheesy spinach stuffed chicken breast recipe is AWESOME.
Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe Notes:
Because the size of chicken breasts will vary, you may be able to cut 2 huge chicken breasts in half lengthwise to get your four cutlets. Or you can trim and pound out 4 smaller breasts.
Even so, cooking times will vary based on thickness and size. I put in a ballpark baking time of 18-22 minutes which worked for us, but if your breasts are larger (tee hee) you may need to cook them much longer.
To really be safe you should test with a meat thermometer and only remove and serve the chicken after the center reads 165 degrees (F).
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or cutlets
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups chopped spinach (raw)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Combine the cream cheese, spinach, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella, pepper, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Trim your chicken of any visible fat or membranes. (If they are really large, you can cut them in half lengthwise and just use two of them for four good sized cutlets once flattened.)
- Place a layer of plastic wrap on a cutting board. Top with one piece of chicken, then another layer of plastic on top to sandwich the chicken in-between them.
- Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet (starting on one edge and working around and then the center) until it’s about twice the size of when you started, being careful not to pound so thin that it breaks.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 pieces of chicken.
- Spoon 1/4 of the filling mixture into the middle of a chicken cutlet and roll the edges up around it. Turn over and squeeze with your hands until sealed and an oval shape.
- Place seam side down on a cookie sheet and repeat with the other 3 pieces of chicken.
- Chill the stuffed chicken for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Combine the other breading ingredients (except for the olive oil) in a different bowl and stir.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized nonstick saute pan.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (F)
- Dip the stuffed chicken into the egg first, then the breading mix and cook in the saute pan until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer the browned chicken to a baking pan.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 18 – 22 minutes or until a thermometer in the center reads 165 degrees (F).
- Serve with optional marinara or alfredo sauce.