Feng Shui At Your Bathroom !
A bathroom in the center of the house is usually considered bad Feng Shui. The center of the house is the heart of the space in Feng Shui, also called the yin-yang point.
Your bathroom should be clean, beautiful and clutter-free. Use your bathroom as a sacred place for purification of body, mind and spirit.
Greens and blues are particularly beneficial bathroom colors since blue represents water, which cleanses and purifies while green represents life, new growth and beginnings. White is also a wonderful symbol of purity and cleanliness.
Here are some things that you need to know about Bathroom Feng Shui :
- Always keep the bathroom door closed.
- Replace any torn curtains with new ones.
- Make sure to keep the toilet lid closed.
- Get the best essential aromatic oils for a relaxed bath.
- Keep the bathroom clean, fresh and airy.
- Make sure that the bathroom receives ample sunlight and fresh air.
- Keep windows, ventilators and doors of bathroom clean.
- Add some wood elements to balance the water
- Place live plants to purify the air and bring in vital energy
- Keep toilet lid down and the door closed
- Keep drains closed when not in use
- Uplift and enhance energy with a faceted crystal
- Place a mirror on the door of the bathroom, this’ll make the “Qi” bounce back into the house/room and not enter the bathroom or toilet. Just make sure that the mirror is placed as per rules of Feng Shui .
If there’s a bathroom in North-East or South-West then:
- Hang a metallic wind chime in the bathroom.
- Make sure that there are no Chinese symbols on the chime.
- Make sure that no one passes or sits under the wind chime.
If there’s a bathroom in North then:
- Place some lush green houseplants in the bathroom.
- Put a square shaped rug in green shades.
If there’s a bathroom in South then:
- Hang a ball that is crystal in the window of the bathroom; the rainbow lights from the crystal will reduce the bad fire energy.
- Make sure to cleanse the crystal ball as it’s going to absorb negative energy.
- Alternatively, you can also use a crystal geode which is a rock with hollow center.
- Place square shaped skin colored rug; you can also opt for yellow,pink or brown .
If there’s a bathroom in East or South-East then:
- Place glitter lamps in the bathroom and make sure to turn them on for around 2-3 hours daily.
- If glitter lamps aren’t your thing then you can light candles in the bathroom.
- Triangular rugs in red in are best for such a bathroom.
If there’s a bathroom in West or North-West then:
- Just place an urn with water in the bathroom.
- Place blue shaded rug,if possible, get a wavy shaped one.
Do not put photographs of yourself, friends, or family members in your bathroom. The same goes for any images relating to your career, personal projects or passions – you’ll just be flushing them down the drain if you do! You also want to make sure that the bedroom and bathroom are visually separated — use a screen or curtain if necessary.