The Biggest Scam In The World-Bottled Water
There is no better feeling than pure and Icy Hydration.
Some of us drink tap water, but the rest of us pay for it, which total cost is around $ 100 billion a year,At least in the United States.
You might think that buying bottled water is worthwhile, but in most cases you make a mistake.
For most people, a glass of tap water and a glass of water from a bottle seem to be identical, but buy because they are concerned about their health. In some cases, tap water can be safer because nowadays that water is often tested.
However, there are exceptions, for example people who have private wells, do not enjoy the same tested waters as opposed to those who drink tap water.
There are many reasons to stop drinking bottled water. Here are some of them:
- The first documented sale of bottled water was in Boston in 1760, when a company called Jackson’s Spa sold mineral water for therapeutic benefit. Soon after that, Saratoga Springs and Albany began selling water.
- People around the world drink 10% more bottled water each year. However, in United States the percentage is significantly higher.
- At 12.8 billion liters, or 39 liters per person, people today drink more bottled water than milk or beer.
- But research shows that bottled water is no better than that of tap water. A recent report found that nearly half of the water in the bottle actually comes from a tap.
- Water tap is usually repeatedly tested for quality and contamination of water in the bottle. The Environmental Protection Agency is responsible for carrying out such tests. However, the quality of tap water differs based on where you live.
Here is some city’s in United States that have pristine source, plus careful testing and high tech filtration and treatment.
- New York City
More than 1 billion daily gallons of sweet, mineral-rich water travels over 125 miles from carefully guarded Catskill Mountains reservoirs.
- Manchester, New Hampshire
The soft Lake Massabesic water, purified with ozone, has earned kudos from the Partnership for Safe Water for its quality.
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Pumped from six manmade lakes, then filtered and treated with ozone, this neutral-tasting stuff won the AWWA contest in 2007 and 2013.
Just about the truth mindterms.com